The All New Rejuvenated What New Gear Have You Bought Recently Thread!

You are here:Home/Forums/Drums/The All New Rejuvenated What New Gear Have You Bought Recently Thread!
The All New Rejuvenated What New Gear Have You Bought Recently Thread! 2017-09-08T09:30:54+00:00

Home Forums Drums The All New Rejuvenated What New Gear Have You Bought Recently Thread!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Profile photo of Kevin MooneyKevin Mooney
    Participant
    #504 |

Hi all. This type of thread used to pop up once a year on the old forum, where we could all say what we’ve bought and the rest could have a right good drool. So I thought it’s about time we did it here to!

My last purchases have included:

Roland TM-2 and triggers – bloody love how much better it makes things sound through a small PA
    Dream Energy 20″ Crash/Ride – my Dream collection is now complete, makes a great crash and will do as a light ride for small gigs

So, what have you treated yourself to?

Profile photo of SharklaarSharklaar
    Participant

Been a bit skint lately and got some kit around I need to shift (but nobody wants to buy!) before marital conditions will allow further purchases…. Got a cymbal fixed though – Zildjian A 16 crash repaired by CymbalMagic. Lovely stuff. Had a couple of body cracks and a tiny edge crack done for £25 or something. He did a great job.

Profile photo of Kevin MooneyKevin Mooney
    Participant

Its great that you can save a good cymbal. I used to do my own repairs back in the day, but nothing as smart as they do.

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Well Kevin, been quite a shake up for me as had a bit of a Roland exercise in the last couple of years, which really has raised some eye brows as I really fell off the Cliff with them a few years ago due to all sorts of reasons and went completely off the company all together.

But I am the proud owner of a TDK4 P Kit which is fine for all my needs at the moment and older equipment includes a Nord Drum 1 module(Still think that’s the bees knees) 4 zone Alesis Sample Pad Alesis I/O Interface and several pads to set up different things as and when I need them. Have very old Yamaha DTXexplorer module and even a Roland CR1000 drum machine!

I do have a great deal of fun with it though and get to do various things with sounds and beats etc-so may seem basic but sure does what I want it to do. Last thing was a TR09 drum machine and that really is very good representation as of the Original. I have kind of been squeezing Roland a bit on occasion to see if they may bring an updated CR78 to market and they have kind of given a wink and watch this space kind of reply-so if that takes to market would really take a serious look at one of those-long overdue!

I went to a Korg Show recently and had to admire they boxes of electronics-very credible indeed and again there is a possible electronic kit that may evolve, which coming from Korg would be something else I think-certainly in terms of sound and quality coupled with good sense and value for money.

The Acoustic market seems to be thriving but at times its just like trying to reinvent the wheel-but hardware and sizes plus most of all the weight is things they should concentrate on as no of us are getting any younger! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Hector1 Hector1.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Hector1 Hector1.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.