• Profile photo of Simon EdgooseSimon Edgoose
    Keymaster
    #142 |

murphster
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    354 Posts

Posted – 06/06/2017 : 17:45:37 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    50 years anniversary just recently. Been listening to a radio 2 documentary about it -quite fascinating. To my ignorance I didn’t realise Ringo was lead vocals on with a little help from my friends, listening to it now I can’t believe I didn’t realise. Anyway I love the beatles and this is probably my favourite album ever. Listening to it now, it still sounds fresh and relevant.
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 07/06/2017 : 07:24:55 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/05/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution-howard-goodall-review-untold-treasures

This was on TV the other night as well presented by the incredible Howard Goodall-what this guy doesn’t now about music just surpasses me, truly talented presenter aswell.
    Drumming is like a meeting to conduct business.
    Go to Top of Page
    murphster
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    354 Posts

Posted – 07/06/2017 : 08:23:38 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Oh yeah, I watched that one. Was a great little documentary. Thanks for putting up the link.
    Go to Top of Page
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 07/06/2017 : 16:43:17 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    You’re welcomeAnything that Howard has done in the past as well just amazes me-just totally brilliant all round bloke
    Go to Top of Page
    Captain Bubble
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    19666 Posts

Posted – 08/06/2017 : 08:13:44 Show Profile Visit Captain Bubble’s Homepage Reply with Quote
    I missed the Goodall programme, hope to have time to see the link. He is indeed a remarkable musician, composer and broadcaster. Still have my copy of SP which was given to me for Christmas ’67. Cover and vinyl are well used but still useable. I still remember my amazement when I heard Day in the Life for the first time.
    Marcus de Mowbray
    http://www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
    Go to Top of Page
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 08/06/2017 : 10:47:22 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Yes, I’m not really a Beatles fan as such but this Album really stands out in the crowd even today-probably because of the Musicianship and creative writing and filming to recording processes that were of this age, a bit of a concept album like for me when Genesis produced the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. That took them into many different world and in its Hay day was mind Blowing, and to me it still is!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.