Rhythm Magazine

You are here:Home/Forums/General Discussion/Rhythm Magazine
Rhythm Magazine 2019-03-18T09:02:34+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion Rhythm Magazine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #22123 |

first post from a new mamber here. Really enjoying the site. It’s excellent. Just wanted to hear other views about the demise of Rhythm. This seems to have come somewhat out of the blue and is a great shame. Have been playing drums since teens and now late 40’s and have never missed a copy and know so many other drummers like me. Yes the online market is changing the way we consume but for such a professional set up it seems a loss to the community. Keep up the good work Mike. The site needs to keep us all informed of latest developments even more so now that the monthly uk mag has gone.

Mike Dolbear
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words.
    I don’t think it was a big surprise with Rhythm magazine to be honest as there readership has been going down over the years and advertisers moving more and more away from any form of adds not just print.
    I have had said it before but i know as somebody trying to keep a media platform going we are fighting with Facebook, advertisers put there money into Facebook and people find there info now on facebook. This forum is not like it used to be manly because of Facebook. This is not a compliant just a fact.
    But things go through waves and things will change again, when I started this website 20 years ago people said it wouldn’t last !

Hector1
    Participant

Yes that is sad news Mike thanks for taking the time to post<like Mike D says a lot has to be said for Face book but I have no account on there or anything like it just not interested at all! I will miss the CD/DVDs that they did as likewise I have a stack of them here and they are so well done every month, but downloading is the way forward I guess in publishing these days although even after 30years plus CD never killed of the proper Records that are now becoming back onto the high streets with some very high end turntables selling very well too:)Digitals okay but Analogue is King always will be:)Although I still really like Electronic drums a lot and would very much like to see the old Simmons Hex pads have a Retro Make over and become available again from the originals just like the Roger Linn drum machine’s the Dave Tempest projects are just awesome and Roland did such a great Job with the boutique stuff although still awaiting a revival of the CR78 they should have a Phil Collins model I reckon:) LOL.

Hector1
    Participant

OOOPs Typo !! Should have been Dave Smith Projects!! 🙂

mike Mackin
    Participant

thanks for the replies. I too don’t have Facebook. Enjoy the YouTube content but some tends to be hit and miss. Shame about the readership but in my eyes you pay for the quality and for the price you got just that. As you said Mike no one gave you a chance when you started and look how well this is going etc. Keep up the good work. Just got the last issue at the weekend so will enjoy reading for one last time. Cheers to the Rhythm team for all the memories, knowledge and great interviews over the years.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  mike Mackin.
    MustangMick
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    finally got account activated, hope you’re well.
    Yup Facebook has decimated a lot of Forums, but one thing Facebook doesn’t do is archive questions (it’s not designed for that)
    This Forum has been a great resource in the past both for Drum Gear, Lessons and general advice on life in the world of Music.
    It’ll come around again as even Facebook is seeing people migrate to Instagram or whatever is next (Remember the days of Myspace….they were simpler times)

Keep up the great work. Really sad about Rhythm magazine, it really just leaves Modern Drummer now as the monthly Drummer magazine (and even it has slimmed down in recent years)

Cheers
    Mick

Hector1
    Participant

With MD in mind what’s happened to the long overdue MD Festival DVDs from years ago? They really did introduce a wealth of entertainment on DVD and I have everyone going back to 1998! Really miss those and also some more performance DVDs maybe UK Based might appear? I know there expensive to produce etc but they held some great value both in entertainment and a wealth of knowledge and master classes aswell, very much missed.

Mike Dolbear
    Keymaster

The MD event stoped sadley, i think everyone of the events was filmed by Hudson and has been put out.

Phil Bradshaw
    Participant

Hi to all at Mike Dolbear Forum from a newly registered member. When I read the editorial of the April issue of Rythm it’s no exaggeration to say I was distraught! As one of the original readers (July 85,Mel Gaynor,blah,blah) perhaps naively I did not see this coming.Have missed very few issues and the knowledge gained and pure enjoyment over the decades has been immeasurable. Never got round to dropping a line (although always meant to) so I would like to take this opportunity to offer my very best wishes to the Rythm team past and present and a heartfelt thanks for changing my life, yours sincerely,Phil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.