NEW Up close and personal video with Stewart Copeland

You are here:Home/Forums/General Discussion/NEW Up close and personal video with Stewart Copeland
NEW Up close and personal video with Stewart Copeland 2017-10-09T12:54:00+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion NEW Up close and personal video with Stewart Copeland

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Profile photo of Mike DolbearMike Dolbear
    #649 |

I go and catch up in LA with one of my favourite drummers growing up Stewart Copeland, hope you enjoy the movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIZqapChYA

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Nice one Mike 🙂 Stewart always makes a great guest interview and his Drum works have been incredible over the years. Would there be an opportunity at some time in the near future that he may come over to the UK to do some drum Gigs under the wings of the Mike Dolbear experience?

I know Stewart is pretty much settled in the USA like most drummers these days once they are there they seldom come back to the UK, so would be a great enterprise to undertake if possible and I’m sure be very well attended aswell.

Profile photo of Mike DolbearMike Dolbear

You never know (-;

Profile photo of Matt NolanMatt Nolan
    Participant

Stewart was over, in conjunction I beleive with Mike, for the RCM day of percussion a couple of years back – http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/story.asp?StoryID=3261

Participant

Thanks Mike-I do admire Stewarts works a great deal and having seen some old school stuff that was on You tube a while ago when he is in teaching he really does get the message across and his students generally appeared with results within the hour of his demos and advise and it really shows that he can teach and learn from in a very productive and fun way-but the focus is just superb.

Like most I guess I have always known Stewart to be Mr Hi Hat abit like Vinnie he really has some great talent with a much missed part of the drums at most times. Its the best bit of the kit I reckon but to get to grips with it in independence alone feels like a lifetimes work, but think its a great solo instrument that you can get a lot out of on a solo basis even in just practice alone.

Anyway very much look forward to seeing if Stewart can come over at some stage with yourself and like I say that really would make a great gig and make a lot of drum people very very happy in the uk:)

Participant

Many thanks for the link on that advice Matt, yes I do remember that and have always wanted to pay a visit to the RCM but typically it means having to get in and out of London by train. That’s a real downer for me -I just have such a drama with all that fuss I really cant be bothered! I know it sounds daft but it winds me up so much like having to travel like a sardine and all that rushing around etc, cant be doing with that. I prefer the car travel-but car parking in London? – Not a hope in hell!!

Participant

Some video footage from you tube-Wow what a great day this Guy must of had 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.