Millenium Drum Pad

You are here:Home/Forums/Electronics/Millenium Drum Pad
Millenium Drum Pad 2017-07-10T21:12:26+00:00

Home Forums Electronics Millenium Drum Pad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Profile photo of Kevin MooneyKevin Mooney
    Participant
    #309 |

I’m looking for a much cheapness trigger pad to use to start backing tracks and maybe occasionally trigger a sound on my TM-2. But I don’t want to pay £89 for a BT-1 (far too much for what you get). I don’t need sensitivity, just something to hit.

I’m looking at the Millenium MPS-600 9″ pad for £30. Anybody got any comments or alternatives?

Profile photo of SoporifSoporif
    Participant

If it really is just something to hit and you have the means to mount it then there are various Roland or Ion pads on Ebay for £12 and upwards posted. There’s an LP Spike as well which is closer in concept to the BT-1 – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-P-Spike-Electronic-Trigger-Pad-/252524207516?hash=item3acb9d9d9c:g:pdgAAOSwknJXyuqs . Oh and a Pintech one too.

Profile photo of Kevin MooneyKevin Mooney
    Participant

I’ve done the second hand thing before, and it’s hit and miss. I’ve had a few pads that have clearly been sold on as the piezo is dying. I can replace them, but I’d rather have something that won’t quit mid-gig.

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Well the original Koby Nano pads from years ago were always reliable-if they are still around on eBay or otherwise, never really had any triggering issues with second hand Roland pads I have 3 PD8 and they all work on my Nord Drum 1 module just fine and paid about £60 for the 3 as a bundle on eBay a while ago. Also have some of the older Alesis triangle single zone pads and they are pretty bomb proof-but bear in mind that they are still electronic pads. What I mean is if your an acoustic player who tend to play there drums in quite a dynamic way due to other band noise etc then there not really going to take that kind of thrash or heavy strikes to kindly a lot of the time.
    The millennium pads I have never really considered and appreciate the BT1 is a tad spicy on the price for what it is should be more like £40 rather than £70 to be fair as the TM-2 is probably not much more than that used or a new one around the £130 mark.

Profile photo of Kevin MooneyKevin Mooney
    Participant

Bugrit. Bought a PD8 for £7.50 on Fleabay. Worth a punt!

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Crickey that was a Bargain!:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.