• Profile photo of Simon EdgooseSimon Edgoose
    Keymaster
    #143 |

hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 26/05/2017 : 17:19:14 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Well the boys played the Stables MK again this year Friday 19th and Sat 20th May. Couldn’t make the Friday gig sadly as I normally go for both nights but Saturday was stunning. Couldn’t believe my luck-not knowing what the play list was before going and expecting the usual classics set, they kicked of the first part with tunes from Duke!! Like I was in the ceilings with delight to hear Dukes travels behind the lines the incredible Duchess etc-they played a masterful hand of well balanced oldies and an absolute stunning encore with standing ovation outright. Thanks again G2 and specially to Geoff Walker and Nigel Appleton if you do visit the forums you were knock out on the drums as usual

Top show and a very pleased Hector I am
    Drumming is like a meeting to conduct business.
    Captain Bubble
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    19666 Posts

Posted – 27/05/2017 : 07:27:13 Show Profile Visit Captain Bubble’s Homepage Reply with Quote
    Sounds great! One day….
    Marcus de Mowbray
    http://www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
    Go to Top of Page
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 27/05/2017 : 10:20:34 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Thanks for the feedback Captain-if you appreciate the works of Genesis as much as I do it would be well worth taking the time to go see them if they appear in your neck of the woods. Another is the incredible Voodoo room who are hopefully coming back to Luton Library theatre this year in November and already got my name down for tickets as well as ready for next May hopefully when G2 play the Stables again.
    What’s the live music scene like around you these days now your out of the Capital? Bit more Folky?-sure its probably quite an undiscovered haven over there waiting to bloom?
    Go to Top of Page
    beezerk
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    30112 Posts

Posted – 27/05/2017 : 10:21:17 Show Profile Visit beezerk’s Homepage Reply with Quote
    Lucky get.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c41/beezerkdrums/

https://www.justgiving.com/MartynVaughan
    Go to Top of Page
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 27/05/2017 : 10:29:45 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    LOLThanks Beez…

Hoping that the Stables may get some more acts in these Genres soon but very Sadly still not found space for Voodoo room-they just don’t know what there missing out on…Oooohhh some event managers Eh!
    Go to Top of Page
    Captain Bubble
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    19666 Posts

Posted – 28/05/2017 : 07:50:14 Show Profile Visit Captain Bubble’s Homepage Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by hector1

Thanks for the feedback Captain-if you appreciate the works of Genesis as much as I do it would be well worth taking the time to go see them if they appear in your neck of the woods. Another is the incredible Voodoo room who are hopefully coming back to Luton Library theatre this year in November and already got my name down for tickets as well as ready for next May hopefully when G2 play the Stables again.
    What’s the live music scene like around you these days now your out of the Capital? Bit more Folky?-sure its probably quite an undiscovered haven over there waiting to bloom?

Although Hastings is a fairly small town (tiny after London!) it is part of a conurbation which includes St Leonards, St Helens, Bulverhythe and Bexhill, plus lots of smaller towns and villages dotted around. Part of the reason for moving here is that it does have a reasonably good music scene, mostly pubs. I have a third gig in Rye next week and one at Pett 2 weeks ago, plus others I have turned down to to being so busy getting our fields and sheds in order!
    Marcus de Mowbray
    http://www.330studios.co.uk/marcus
    Go to Top of Page
    hector1
    Advanced Contributer

United Kingdom
    2607 Posts

Posted – 29/05/2017 : 10:35:28 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Nice one Captain – like the old style Live Pub band things – always good fun and if its a rockier night out all the classics then even betterMust be good to be able to play in places I would imagine as not having to entertain Door staff to throw the Locals in LOL!!
    Seems like quite a friendly area though and the pace of life probably is far more relaxed-apart from your Field and Animal welfare works etc after the big move. Hope it’s a good summer for you though. The weather has been good to us this weekend unlike the all those who have been stuck at BA all weekend!
    Will industries never listen or learn that its people that run and work in companies and computers do not run the world they are a mere tool which have a place, but still need maintaining and any failure whether its human or machine is a challenge-but at least people can back each other up show compassion and aid recovery! When the machines fail it’s Armageddon!
    Anyway shine on all you crazy Diamonds!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.