Bonham playing with Toto

You are here:Home/Forums/General Discussion/Bonham playing with Toto
Bonham playing with Toto 2018-03-26T21:32:23+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion Bonham playing with Toto

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #21183 |

Hi folks. I trust everyone is well, enjoying their drumming and looking forward to the summer.

Yes, we have here John Bonham playing in Toto to Rosanna. Well, sort of 😀

What I’ve done for a bit of fun is taken Bonham’s isolated drum track of him playing Fool In The Rain with Zeppelin, and put it with the drumless version of Rosanna and slowed down Rosanna to try and fit with Bonham’s original tempo. Hope you enjoy. I’ve done a few more ‘mashup’s that I’ll post. 🙂

Hector1
    Participant

Bit sketchy in Places Lee but sounds good 🙂 I like some of the side clips attached to the video with the triplet stuff aswell so well worth a watch and a refresh course to be sat on the triplets I think!

Cheers 🙂

Lee
    Participant

Thanks for watching Hector. 🙂 Yeah, tis a bit tricky lining up both recordings to be perfectly in time. Which are the side clips attached to thr video you’re referring to?

Here’s another couple I did. See what you think of these.

Steely Dan’s ‘Home At Last’ (Bernard Purdie) looped intro section, with Talking Heads ‘Once In a Lifetime’ and a little bit of ‘Rosanna’ vocals thrown in. 😀

And here’s The Police ‘Roxanne’ to Steely Dan’s ‘Bodhisattva’.

Hector1
    Participant

Brilliant Job there Lee 🙂 Really enjoyed these and they fit real nice, no issues with the Led Zep one, Perfection is some thing that we strive to achieve and when completed we move on from. But unfinished works or works that are not perfect are a fantastic opportunity to develop new ways or alter performance for what could be better than for what you have achieved. Never be perfect but keep creating and you will be Human LOL 🙂

The side shows were wwwdavejohnstone.com and the American guy in his studio although he was more like an attraction artist probably from a Namm show kind of thing LOL:)

Hector1
    Participant

Lee

check out the Modern Drummer DVD from 2011(Festival) Masterclass with John Riley,there’s a wonderful part in this where he demonstrates a track by an English band called the Brotherly that I think reflects on some of your sound work here in the way music has directions in rhythms, signatures and vocals, its quite a watch and John is his usual Awesome self incredible musician and player and superb Masterclass to behold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.