Blisters

You are here:Home/Forums/General Discussion/Blisters
Blisters 2017-08-10T22:13:35+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion Blisters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #440 |

Did a day’s recording today, got a monster blister on my hand. The little bugger burst and now it hurts like hell… Got two more days’ recording to do as well. Nightmare.

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Shark

yes that’s rather a nasty condition to endure, I had some nasty issues a while ago with my left heel after playing bare foot one night practicing, Like that was hell on earth for the next two weeks after that! But a mate of mines Girlfriend recommended some cream made by Neutrogena called ‘Cracked Heel foot cream’. I have to say not only did it fix the problem pronto but ongoing and still use it as a barrier if required it was absolutely spot on and haven’t had any main issues since. I know they do a hand cream as well.It not cheap but it really is top notch stuff and you can purchase from boots etc quite easily.

I’m sure there are many others aswell,but this really was the proper stuff indeed and sorted the problem in a very timely and pain free way.

Profile photo of SharklaarSharklaar
    Participant

Shame I didn’t check the forum before starting today’s session… covered it up with a bunch of plasters today and got through a 10 hour session without angering the blister further. Seems to be healing a bit now though. Just got to make it through a few more hours tomorrow…. Only 4 more songs to go out of the challenge of 16 in 3 days…

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Well done at least for being able to manage on with the condition, but the advice is there if you wanted to give it a try at some stage or just let nature take its course and heal naturally, but that tends to make the skin harder I guess which isn’t a bad thing, but may cause issues somewhere else on your hands due to that repairing itself locally. There are lots of remedies anyway but if you ever need to repair your heels this stuff definitely works:)

Profile photo of Bob HenritBob Henrit
    Participant

Having suffered from blisters for 25 years in 1984 when I joined the Kinks I decided to do something about it. I used to put sticking plaster, or Nuskyn on the blisters when it was too late and the bone was in danger of showing through! I discovered some woven) sticking plaster tape made by Johnson & Johnson which I put on BEFORE the damage was done and it worked. I used it for EVERY gig and still do.

Participant

Well… made it through 3 days recording 16 songs with a shedload of plasters.

Now I’ve got a gig tonight too. Will have to bathe my hand in some sort of magic cream for the next week…

Participant

Definitely need a pre-emptive solution though like you say Bob 🙂

I think the damage was done by my wedding ring, it’s just below my ring finger. Bloody wife’s fault.

Profile photo of Chris HutchinsonChris Hutchinson
    Participant

I got blisters when I was about 15/16 and have since been told it was probably because I was nervous and that I would grip the stick to tightly. I have been ok this time round up to now, and have been using almost exclusively Zildijan sticks. Give Mike Micalkow a watch on Utube, he does a very interesting thing on picking up the stick and the fulcrum point etc. I am only a novice but I definitely felt a difference.Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.