Alesis Strike zone

You are here:Home/Forums/Electronics/Alesis Strike zone
Alesis Strike zone 2018-01-06T18:08:17+00:00

Home Forums Electronics Alesis Strike zone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #934 |

Hi all. I have a Yamaha DTX 542. I’m thinking of trading it in for an Alesis Strike zone kit. Does anyone have any experience of this Alesis ? Which seems to be a serious upgrade to compete with Roland and Yamaha. Many Thanks.

Hector1
    Participant

Chris I do not as of yet but have had many a fine experience of Alesis with many products over the years and they have always given great value for money and some very good quality sounds for what they are.
    They have come along way in the last couple of years in getting into the Roland/Yamaha market place which is a very competitive place indeed even with these two manufactures producing what they currently do. I wish that Nord or possibly Korg could or would add some more spice into the market with kits but nothing has arisen as yet. I do have a Nord Percussion module and also use an Alesis sample pad and they are very good indeed. I have played around with a DM10 kit and again very good, but now Alesis are going mesh I think they may well be on the road with these kits and very much looking forward to what they may come up with at Namm this year 🙂
    Also have you taken a look at the 2Box kit yet?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Hector1.
    Hector1
    Participant

Here is a link from the Nam 2017 show 🙂

Chris Hutchinson
    Participant

Excellent reply as always Hector. It seems that Yamaha and Roland are the BMW and Merc of the electronic kit market, and Alesis has for so long occupied the place of Ford. But they now seem to be looking like Audi. Don’t know if that is a fair or accurate analogy.

Chris Hutchinson
    Participant

Excellent reply as always Hector. It seems that Yamaha and Roland are the BMW and Merc of the electronic kit market, and Alesis has for so long occupied the place of Ford. But they now seem to be looking like Audi. Don’t know if that is a fair or accurate analogy.

Hector1
    Participant

Many thanks Chris 🙂

Its actually great to hear that some drummers are starting to seriously look at the electronics options and likewise you are spot on with the Analogy-yes definatly Audi indeed LOL 🙂

I was particularly taken with the style of the Strike kit module and at last a manufacturer who has finally put a bigger than normal screen onto the face aswell-that really is very welcome and saves having to export out to say an IPad etc plus all the costs etc.

Alesis are quite an exciting brand indeed and they have been around for quite a while now, but these new kits seem like a major step in the right direction for them and the drum sizes focused on the Acoustic players are very welcome as its really nice to have an 8/10/12/14 combination, also with the ability as like pointed out in the video link that you can have an 8 inch snare with the touch of a button so to type!

By the way Chris how much are you looking for as a trade for the Yamaha kit as I may know a couple of people interested if that helps maximise the cost return as dealers will give you a fair trade in but too might get a tad more selling privately but depends on what’s best for you.

I really do wish though that Nord would come back with a DDRum style kit and if they did using there fantastic sound experiences of Synthesis mix that with properly balanced sound tables and a good module and they really would come back into force. But its about getting the price right and that’s what I really like about the 2 Box kit that really is something else. Okay its got its bits like the cymbals could have been better etc and it would have been great to see them perform a much needed face lift by now, but lets see what Namm brings-you never know! Likewise I’m still waiting for Roland to bring back the mighty CR78 drum machine, just like the updated versions of the TR09 and 08 of recent-but keep the wood cabinet and styling the same if possible and give it the 2018 touches and I for one would be sleeping outside there offices waiting to purchase if they can get the price right. I have a TR09 and have to say they did a brilliant job with that in my opinion as I like the old school beats etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.