2 Box Mk3

You are here:Home/Forums/Electronics/2 Box Mk3
2 Box Mk3 2017-10-15T15:16:40+00:00

Home Forums Electronics 2 Box Mk3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Profile photo of SharklaarSharklaar
    Participant

Trying to get away from electronics at the moment, and I noticed whilst perusing the Jobeky site that they do low volume cymbals at a much lower price than Zildjian’s L80s. Although, I’ve never heard them mentioned before… Wonder how they compare….

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

Many thanks for the reply Shark-yes I can understand the cost thing as for far too long they have been a tad on the high side really for what they are.

Jobecky have done some great work with there endeavours to offer a more bespoke package within this industry and some very admirable kits and combinations too to kind of fuse between the acoustic look but with out all the noise and slightly less weighted aswell.

On the point of the Zildgian and quiet play cymbals, I tried these out some years ago now at Wembley drum centre and have seen them develop quite nicely, the Z electronics were something else for there start but then haven’t really changed much since probably due to sales in reflection to technology costs etc, but I enjoyed them(but couldn’t afford them at the time) but when things change next year hopefully looking back in that direction. As far as the stand alones go, yes I thought they were very very good considering as to what they were taking on in the noise reduction market but keeping the feel, balance and sound balances but kind of lightweight.

I really enjoyed them but would recommend you try some but you may need to play them a few times so may be a few different visits may be better suited in case you deem them a non starter without trialling for a while. I know this can be difficult when going back to some shops as they want a sale there and then, but if you get on well with the staff and they understand your approach I’m sure you can work something out.

Hope this help a bit, but please go try some when you can-you may yet be pleasantly surprised-especially on acoustic gigs.

Profile photo of SharklaarSharklaar
    Participant

Yeah been looking at the Silen Stroke / L80 combo for a while without actually pulling the trigger… got to weight up the acoustic volume vs electric via small speaker volume and see how my marital status will cope with the acoustic version!

Unfortunately I don’t have a shop anywhere nearby to test them out so I might have to go out on a limb and just buy them online and see how the marriage stands up…

Profile photo of Hector1Hector1
    Participant

HaHa

thanks for the reply Shark-the marriage thing does take some serious management at times-but for better or worse etc-that’s life! 🙂

Shame you do not have anywhere that you can get to listen or try these out and that is very frustrating indeed, I would put toe in water and may be try this one first?

https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product/jobeky-low-volume-16-crash-cymbal/

Main reason being its a crash and that is going to be probably a good guise toward what to expect from the Ride and hats as they are more melodic and get a lot more play but the crash would probably represent a level of reference for you to decide to make a more sustained attack on the finances and may yet woe the vote from the wife aswell from your acoustic endeavour’s.

What’s not to like-you get some peace and quite from both party’s that way 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.